How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?

Onycholysis can be one of the symptoms of various different illnesses and medical conditions. Many times it is a result of skin diseases like psoriasis. In some individuals, onycholysis is a sure sign of a thyroid disorder like hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. Most times, though, onycholysis is due to nail bed trauma or bacterial, yeast, or fungal infections.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Is onycholysis serious?
If left untreated, onycholysis can be serious as it has the potential to create permanent damage to ...
Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
Onycholysis can develop as a reaction toward several different medications. These aggravating medica...
What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
Onycholysis, or nail lifting, results when the nail gradually detaches from the finger or toe. This ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...