You can manage your onycholysis on a daily basis by keeping your nails short and helping in their regrowth. Once you have clipped off any detached nail, be very careful to keep your hands dry, clean, and protected. Once your nails grow back make sure to continue practicing good nail care. Proper nail care includes cleanliness, avoiding nail biting or picking, keeping your nails short and moisturized, and avoiding any harsh nail treatments. If you have any of the medical conditions that caused onycholysis, be sure to deal with your condition properly as indicated by your doctor.
- Q How long does it take to cure onycholysis?
- Q Does onycholysis affect men differently than women?
- Q What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for onycholysis?
- Q How is onycholoysis (nail lifting) treated?
- Q Who is at risk for onycholoysis (nail lifting)?