How do I manage my onycholysis on a daily basis?

You can manage your onycholysis on a daily basis by keeping your nails short and helping in their regrowth. Once you have clipped off any detached nail, be very careful to keep your hands dry, clean, and protected. Once your nails grow back make sure to continue practicing good nail care. Proper nail care includes cleanliness, avoiding nail biting or picking, keeping your nails short and moisturized, and avoiding any harsh nail treatments. If you have any of the medical conditions that caused onycholysis, be sure to deal with your condition properly as indicated by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Who is at risk for onycholoysis (nail lifting)?
Women are more likely than men to develop onycholysis. This is probably due to the fact that they us...
What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
Onycholysis, or nail lifting, results when the nail gradually detaches from the finger or toe. This ...
How is onycholysis diagnosed?
Usually, your doctor will be able to diagnose your onycholysis just by looking at your nail. However...
How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
A bacterial infection often contributes to the development of onycholysis. If the bacterial infectio...