You can manage your onycholysis on a daily basis by keeping your nails short and helping in their regrowth. Once you have clipped off any detached nail, be very careful to keep your hands dry, clean, and protected. Once your nails grow back make sure to continue practicing good nail care. Proper nail care includes cleanliness, avoiding nail biting or picking, keeping your nails short and moisturized, and avoiding any harsh nail treatments. If you have any of the medical conditions that caused onycholysis, be sure to deal with your condition properly as indicated by your doctor.
- Q Is onycholysis permanent?
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q How long does it take to cure onycholysis?
- Q How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
- Q What are the symptoms of onycholysis?