Curing onycholysis is a very long process that can only begin after the underlying causes are treated. Once the underlying cause is identified and treated, it can take four to six months for your nail to reattach and grow back. It can take twice this time for toenails. Even after healing, the appearance of your nail may be changed permanently.
- Q How is onycholysis diagnosed?
- Q What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
- Q Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
- Q How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
- Q How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
- Q How does onycholysis affect the body?