Curing onycholysis is a very long process that can only begin after the underlying causes are treated. Once the underlying cause is identified and treated, it can take four to six months for your nail to reattach and grow back. It can take twice this time for toenails. Even after healing, the appearance of your nail may be changed permanently.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
- Q Is there a cure for onycholysis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q How is onycholysis related to skin diseases?
- Q How do nail products affect onycholysis?
- Q How does onycholysis affect the body?