How is onycholysis diagnosed?

Usually, your doctor will be able to diagnose your onycholysis just by looking at your nail. However, your doctor may want to take a sample of the skin beneath the nail to check for certain fungal infections or psoriasis. If your doctor suspects that the condition is caused by your thyroid, he may administer certain tests to check for a thyroid disorder.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...
Does onycholysis affect men differently than women?
Women are more likely than men to develop onycholysis. This is probably due to the fact that they us...
How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
Onycholysis can be one of the symptoms of various different illnesses and medical conditions. Many t...
How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
A fungal infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. In fact, nearly 50 percent of...