How is onycholysis diagnosed?

Usually, your doctor will be able to diagnose your onycholysis just by looking at your nail. However, your doctor may want to take a sample of the skin beneath the nail to check for certain fungal infections or psoriasis. If your doctor suspects that the condition is caused by your thyroid, he may administer certain tests to check for a thyroid disorder.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

What are the symptoms of onycholysis?
Onycholysis usually affects several nails at a time. The nail begins to slowly detach starting at th...
Is onycholysis permanent?
Onycholysis is not usually permanent, provided that you treat the underlying cause of the condition....
What causes onycholysis?
Onycholysis can be caused by a variety of factors, some serious and others harmless. Trauma to the n...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...