Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q What is the rate of incidence for onycholysis?
- Q What are the symptoms of onycholysis?
- Q How is onycholoysis (nail lifting) treated?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
- Q Is onycholysis serious?
- Q How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?