Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?
- Q Is onycholysis serious?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for onycholysis?
- Q How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
- Q How is onycholysis related to skin diseases?