Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q Does onycholysis affect men differently than women?
- Q How does onycholysis affect the body?
- Q How is onycholysis related to skin diseases?
- Q Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q Is onycholysis painful?