Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for onycholysis?
- Q What are the treatment options for onycholysis?
- Q What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?
- Q What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
- Q How do I manage my onycholysis on a daily basis?
- Q How is onycholoysis (nail lifting) treated?