Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
- Q Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
- Q What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?