Onycholysis is not usually treated by medications. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to help prevent and manage any bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections as well as psoriasis or thyroid disorders. As with any medication, be sure to take it just as your doctor indicated.
- Q Is there a cure for onycholysis?
- Q What causes onycholysis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
- Q What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?
- Q Can onycholysis be prevented?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for onycholysis?