What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?

When caring for someone with onycholysis it is important to provide them with the help and support they need. Help them to treat their onycholysis by keeping their nails short and helping in their regrowth. Once they have clipped off any detached nail, encourage them to keep their hands dry, clean, and protected. If an antibiotic, antifungal, topical drying agent, or other medication is prescribed, make sure the person uses it as directed. Once their nails grow back make sure to continue practicing good nail care. If they have any medical conditions that caused onycholysis, be sure to follow the indications of their doctor.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
Onycholysis can develop as a reaction toward several different medications. These aggravating medica...
What causes onycholysis?
Onycholysis can be caused by a variety of factors, some serious and others harmless. Trauma to the n...
Is onycholysis painful?
Onycholysis is normally relatively painless. However, infections that cause onycholysis may cause so...
How do nail products affect onycholysis?
Depending on the type of treatment you are receiving, your nail treatment can have either a positive...