Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?

Onycholysis can develop as a reaction toward several different medications. These aggravating medications include tetracyclines, cardiovascular drugs, and cephaloridine. If you suspect your medication is causing your onycholysis, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

What is the rate of incidence for onycholysis?
Specific statistics for onycholysis are unknown. Nail deformities in general are fairly common. Near...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
When caring for someone with onycholysis it is important to provide them with the help and support t...
How does onycholysis affect the body?
The symptoms of onycholysis usually only affect the hands and feet. However, the root cause of onych...
How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
A bacterial infection often contributes to the development of onycholysis. If the bacterial infectio...