Are there alternative treatments for onycholysis?

Usually, the only treatment needed for onycholysis is nail clipping and proper regrowth. However, this treatment is useless unless you use consistent good nail care afterward to avoid further problems. Proper nail care includes cleanliness, avoiding nail biting or picking, keeping your nails short and moisturized, and avoiding any harsh nail treatments.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
Onycholysis can be one of the symptoms of various different illnesses and medical conditions. Many t...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...
Is onycholysis painful?
Onycholysis is normally relatively painless. However, infections that cause onycholysis may cause so...
Is onycholysis serious?
If left untreated, onycholysis can be serious as it has the potential to create permanent damage to ...