What are the limitations for using online care or an e-visit?

Lisa J. Broyles, MD
Family Medicine
Limitations would include that our physicians are not substitutes for having a regular primary care doctor.  If you have a chronic disease such as diabetes or heart failure, we can help you with refills or acute problems with your disease, but you then need to followup with your regular physician.  While we can talk to you and even see you online, we urge you to follow up with your established doctor if your problem is ongoing.  Also, we cannot prescribe any controlled substances such as pain or anxiety medications.

Continue Learning about Online Health Care

Your Guide to Digital Health Resources
Your Guide to Digital Health Resources
You’re grumpy—and wonder why. So you enter the word in a symptom checker online and find out you may have 1 of 82 disorders or diseases, ranging from ...
When should I use online care or an e-visit?
Online care or an e-visit may be appropriate If you wish to ask a question about an established prob...
How do I pay for online care or an e-visit?
Haya Rubin, MDHaya Rubin, MD
Some people are signed up for services such as MDLiveCare by their employers, or sign up themselves ...
What Is the Future of mHealth?
What Is the Future of mHealth?