What should I do if I fall victim to an online health scam?

If you think you’ve been scammed you should follow these two suggestions:

1. Call Your Credit Card Company Explain what's happened and tell them you do not authorize any more charges from that company. If you're concerned that they may rack up big charges, cancel the card.

2. File a Complaint If you fell for a scam, others will too. Help shutdown fraudulent companies by reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, your state attorney general's office, or the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Continue Learning about Online Health Care

What Does Wikipedia Say?
What Does Wikipedia Say?
My next patient to see had an extremely rare form of brain tumor. Age? 31. Let me rephrase that—what I soon learned was that my patient had googled h...
When should I use online care or an e-visit?
Stanley C. Newhall, MDStanley C. Newhall, MD
Online care is appropriate for any visit where you might otherwise call to make an appointment with ...
What is online care or an e-visit?
Steven V. Gurland, MDSteven V. Gurland, MD
Online care is the the modern way for a patient to communicate with their physician utilizing techno...
How Is the Technology Revolution Affecting Public Health?