How do I pay for online care or an e-visit?

Haya Rubin, MD
Haya Rubin, MD on behalf of MDLIVE
Some people are signed up for services such as MDLiveCare by their employers, or sign up themselves for such a service at a monthly fee. This allows them to pay a low charge (such as $35) for a 10 minute consultation. The individual consultation is generally paid online with credit card or PayPal type of services. In addition to these national services, some doctors (like me!) offer this service from their office for a patient who has previously been seen in person or who is able to provide a medical history through a personal health record online such as Peoplechart, and who pays a subscription fee for the online service.

Continue Learning about Online Health Care

8 Common Questions About Telemedicine, Answered
Imagine receiving real-time care from a healthcare provider located in another city or state via your cell phone or the internet. This, in a nutshell,...
Why has online care or an e-visit become popular?
Shelley C. Giebel, MDShelley C. Giebel, MD
Everyone is busy and is searching for a convenient affordable alternative to the traditional visit t...
What should I do if I fall victim to an online health scam?
If you think you’ve been scammed you should follow these two suggestions:1. Call Your Credit Card Co...
What Is the Future of mHealth?
What Is the Future of mHealth?