How do I pay for online care or an e-visit?

Haya Rubin, MD
Haya Rubin, MD on behalf of MDLIVE
Some people are signed up for services such as MDLiveCare by their employers, or sign up themselves for such a service at a monthly fee. This allows them to pay a low charge (such as $35) for a 10 minute consultation. The individual consultation is generally paid online with credit card or PayPal type of services. In addition to these national services, some doctors (like me!) offer this service from their office for a patient who has previously been seen in person or who is able to provide a medical history through a personal health record online such as Peoplechart, and who pays a subscription fee for the online service.

Continue Learning about Online Health Care

Your Guide to Digital Health Resources
Your Guide to Digital Health Resources
You’re grumpy—and wonder why. So you enter the word in a symptom checker online and find out you may have 1 of 82 disorders or diseases, ranging from ...
When should I use online care or an e-visit?
Stanley C. Newhall, MDStanley C. Newhall, MD
Online care is appropriate for any visit where you might otherwise call to make an appointment with ...
Why has online care or an e-visit become popular?
Shelley C. Giebel, MDShelley C. Giebel, MD
Everyone is busy and is searching for a convenient affordable alternative to the traditional visit t...
The Future of Electronic Medical Records