Why is a pregnancy test done before diagnosing oligomenorrhea?

Women who are pregnant may think they do not have their period because of oligomenorrhea. Pregnancy requires much different care than someone with oligomenorrhea, and is important that a pregnant woman does not take hormonal therapy. Sexually active women who used to have normal periods are tested for pregnancy in case that is actually the cause of their menstrual disturbance.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...
Should I talk to my doctor about my oligomenorrhea symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if your menstrual cycle is irregular in this way. The underlying caus...
How does oligomenorrhea affect pregnancy?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
Oligomenorrhea is infrequent or scant menstruation. A cause of oligomenorrhea is failure to ovulate....
How does oligomenorrhea affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Oligomenorrhea is a menstruation disorder with which women have few, infrequent periods. Women with ...