What kinds of labs need to be done to diagnose oligomenorrhea?

To diagnose oligomenorrhea, your doctor will want to check for pregnancy and hormone problems. Pregnancy is an alternate explanation for menstrual dysfunction. Hormone problems like an excessive amount of the male hormone androgen or abnormal levels of estrogen can be caused by malfunctioning glands.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

How does oligomenorrhea affect the body?
Oligomenorrhea is a menstruation disorder with which women have few, infrequent periods. Women with ...
Do adolescents grow out of oligomenorrhea?
Yes, adolescents often grow out of oligomenorrhea. The beginning of young woman's period is often ir...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...
What increases my risk for oligomenorrhea?
Your risk of developing oligomenorrhea is much higher with polycystic ovary syndrome. Women under a ...