What kinds of labs need to be done to diagnose oligomenorrhea?

To diagnose oligomenorrhea, your doctor will want to check for pregnancy and hormone problems. Pregnancy is an alternate explanation for menstrual dysfunction. Hormone problems like an excessive amount of the male hormone androgen or abnormal levels of estrogen can be caused by malfunctioning glands.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...
What increases my risk for oligomenorrhea?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
High levels of activity require high levels of energy intake—food. Working out too much may be stres...
What can I do to avoid oligomenorrhea?
The personal changes that you make to prevent oligomenorrhea, infrequent menses, depend on your unde...
Do adolescents grow out of oligomenorrhea?
Yes, adolescents often grow out of oligomenorrhea. The beginning of young woman's period is often ir...