Should I talk to my doctor about my oligomenorrhea symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if your menstrual cycle is irregular in this way. The underlying cause could be dangerous and your may need to be treated for other reasons. Your cycle can become regular again with a doctor's treatment.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

What can I do to avoid oligomenorrhea?
Oligomenorrhea occurs in a lot of young women beginning their periods and in pre-menopausal women. P...
Does oligomenorrhea affect adolescents differently than adults?
It is common that young women just beginning their period will experience irregular periods. They us...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...
What increases my risk for oligomenorrhea?
Your risk of developing oligomenorrhea is much higher with polycystic ovary syndrome. Women under a ...