Is there a cure for oligomenorrhea?

Most cases of oligomenorrhea can be treated after the cause is addressed. To do this, many women are placed on hormonal therapy that then regulates their menstrual cycle. Some women need to undergo surgery to remove tumors. With proper treatment, periods should become regular again.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

Does oligomenorrhea affect adolescents differently than adults?
It is common that young women just beginning their period will experience irregular periods. They us...
Do adolescents grow out of oligomenorrhea?
Yes, adolescents often grow out of oligomenorrhea. The beginning of young woman's period is often ir...
Should I talk to my doctor about my oligomenorrhea symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if your menstrual cycle is irregular in this way. The underlying caus...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...