How do medications treat oligomenorrhea?

Medications treat oligomenorrhea mostly through hormonal therapy. Birth control pills can regulate a woman's menstrual cycle through hormones. Polycystic ovary syndrome, a common cause of oligomenorrhea, is also treated through hormones. Women who want to become pregnant might be given fertility medication that encourages ovulation.

Continue Learning about Oligomenorrhea

What do I need to know about caring for someone with oligomenorrhea?
To care for someone with oligomenorrhea, it is important that you are aware of the cause of the diso...
How does oligomenorrhea affect the body?
Oligomenorrhea is a menstruation disorder with which women have few, infrequent periods. Women with ...
How does oligomenorrhea affect pregnancy?
Oligomenorrhea can affect the difficulty with which you become pregnant. If your menstrual cycle is ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my oligomenorrhea symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if your menstrual cycle is irregular in this way. The underlying caus...