How does Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) treat bipolar disorder?

It is believed that mental illnesses like bipolar disorder are caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. While it is not completely clear exactly how Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) works, it is believed that Zyprexa Zydis rebalances brain chemicals, thereby treating symptoms of bipolar disorder like extreme emotions.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I give olanzapine to my teenager?
What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...