Who should not take Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine)?

Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) has not been approved for people under the age of 13. Although it is approved for teen use, studies show that many of the medication's possible side effects are more likely to occur in adolescents.  
Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of Zyprexa Zydis, especially if you have heart or liver problems, diabetes, elevated cholesterol or triglyceride levels, abnormal blood pressure, Alzheimer's, seizures, narrow-angle glaucoma, bowel obstruction, breast cancer, an enlarged prostate, or phenylketonuria, or if you have had a stroke.
Tell your doctor before taking Zyprexa Zydis while pregnant or breastfeeding, as Zyprexa Zydis can be transferred to the breast milk of a woman taking the drug. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking Zyprexa Zydis while pregnant. Tell your doctor if you wish to become pregnant.
Elderly adults who have dementia-related psychosis also should not take Zyprexa Zydis, as Zyprexa Zydis can cause complications and death in people with dementia.
Do not take Zyprexa Zydis if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?