When should I call my doctor if I am on Zyprexa Relprevv?

If you are taking Zyprexa Relprevv (olanzapine), an injection for the long-term treatment of schizophrenia symptoms, you should call your doctor -- or get emergency medical help -- right away for certain symptoms. These include:
  • difficulty breathing
  • difficulty speaking or swallowing
  • excessive thirst or hunger
  • a fast or slow heartbeat
  • fever
  • a frequent need to urinate
  • an inability to control movements (especially of the face and tongue)
  • seizures (convulsions)
  • muscle stiffness
  • trembling
  • confusion
  • seizures
  • signs of allergic reaction, such as a skin rash or swelling of the face
You should also call your doctor if you have any symptoms or side effects that bother you or that don't go away, if you have any concerns about your condition or if you feel you are not getting better or are getting worse. Call your doctor if you feel suicidal or have thoughts about harming yourself or others.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What is olanzapine?
Olanzapine, which is sold under the brand name Zyprexa, is used to treat the psychiatric conditi...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...
Can I breast-feed while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?