What is Zyprexa Relprevv?

Zyprexa Relprevv (olanzapine) is a prescription medication for the treatment of schizophrenia. It is part of a class of drugs called atypical antipsychotics -- drugs that avoid some of the side effects seen with the first generation of antipsychotics. It is given as an injection into the gluteal muscles and is used for long-term treatment.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...
What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...
What is olanzapine?
Olanzapine, which is sold under the brand name Zyprexa, is used to treat the psychiatric conditi...