What is the special program for people getting Zyprexa Relprevv?

In order to be treated with Zyprexa Relprevv (olanzapine), a injectable drug for schizophrenia, you will have to enroll in the Zyprexa Relprevv Patient Care Program. The goal of the program is to reduce the drug's dangers, which include severe drowsiness, confusion, seizures or even coma, particularly within the first three hours after an injection. The program requires that injections be given by qualified healthcare providers at a medical facility, where you must remain for at least three hours for monitoring after receiving the drug. Your doctor, healthcare facility and pharmacist also must enroll in the program.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I give olanzapine to my teenager?
What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...