What should I know about Zyprexa Zydis before taking it?

The risks and benefits of taking Zyprexa Zydis should be considered with your doctor if you have heart or liver problems, diabetes, elevated cholesterol or triglyceride levels, abnormal blood pressure, Alzheimer's, or suffer from seizures, strokes, narrow-angle glaucoma, bowel obstruction, breast cancer, an enlarged prostate, or phenylketonuria. You should notify your doctor before taking Zyprexa Zydis if you are pregnant, attempting to become pregnant, or breast-feeding. There are risks associated with pregnancy and the drug. Zyprexa Zydis can be transferred to the breast milk of a woman taking the drug. Once you have begun taking Zyprexa Zydis, you cannot stop taking the drug suddenly. If you wish to stop taking it, consult your doctor.

Zyprexa Zydis is sometimes used to treat dementia's mental problems in older patients. However, this is considered an "off-label" use, and is not approved to treat this illness. It's possible that this off label use can increase the risk of death.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...
Who should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
People with dementia should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension, because ...