What should I know about Zyprexa before taking it?

Before taking Zyprexa, you should know that this medication has not been approved for people under the age of 13. Also, although it is approved for teen use, studies do show that many of the medication's possible negative side effects are more likely to occur in adolescents. Because weight gain is one potential risk associated with the drug, people taking Zyprexa should have regular check-ups to monitor their weight. This medication can also impair cognitive or motor skills. Therefore, you are advised to not operate automobiles and heavy machinery and to stay away from other hazardous conditions when you first begin taking Zyprexa. These activities can be resumed when you are sure that the drug is not clouding your judgment.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Who should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
People with dementia should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension, because ...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...