In what forms can Zyprexa be used?

The antipsychotic medication Zyprexa (olanzapine) is available as a pill in six different strengths, ranging from 2.5 milligrams (mg) to 20 mg. It's also available as a disintegrating tablet called Zyprexa Zydis, which comes in doses ranging from 5 mg to 20 mg. Zyprexa is also manufactured as an injectable medication for use primarily in clinical settings like hospitals and doctors' offices. This drug is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in adults and teenagers ages 13 and older.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Who should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
People with dementia should not take olanzapine extended release injectable suspension, because ...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...