In what forms can Zyprexa be used?

The antipsychotic medication Zyprexa (olanzapine) is available as a pill in six different strengths, ranging from 2.5 milligrams (mg) to 20 mg. It's also available as a disintegrating tablet called Zyprexa Zydis, which comes in doses ranging from 5 mg to 20 mg. Zyprexa is also manufactured as an injectable medication for use primarily in clinical settings like hospitals and doctors' offices. This drug is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in adults and teenagers ages 13 and older.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What should I avoid with olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension may cause changes in your blood sugar levels a...
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
Can I breast-feed while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?