In what forms can Zyprexa be used?

The antipsychotic medication Zyprexa (olanzapine) is available as a pill in six different strengths, ranging from 2.5 milligrams (mg) to 20 mg. It's also available as a disintegrating tablet called Zyprexa Zydis, which comes in doses ranging from 5 mg to 20 mg. Zyprexa is also manufactured as an injectable medication for use primarily in clinical settings like hospitals and doctors' offices. This drug is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in adults and teenagers ages 13 and older.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I give olanzapine to my teenager?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...
What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
What should I avoid with olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension may cause changes in your blood sugar levels a...