What should I avoid while getting injections of Zyprexa Relprevv?

You should avoid driving the day you get an injection of Zyprexa Relprevv (olanzapine), a treatment for schizophrenia. Within three hours of the injection, you may experience serious side effects, such as drowsiness, dizziness, difficulty walking or talking, seizures or coma. The drug must be administered in a healthcare setting, where you will be monitored for at least three hours after your injection to be sure you do not have these symptoms. When your healthcare provider says it’s okay to leave, you’ll need to have someone with you. Because Zyprexa Relprevv can affect your motor skills and ability to think clearly, you should not drive on other days, either, until you know how this drug affects you.

Do not drink alcohol while being treated with Zyprexa Relprevv. It can heighten some of the drug's side effects, possibly making your blood pressure drop and making you even sleepier than Zyprexa Relprevv by itself.

This medication can also make it hard for you to regulate your body temperature. Make sure to avoid dehydration or overheating while you're on it.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...