Is it safe for my son to exercise while taking Zyprexa?

While taking the antipsychotic medication Zyprexa, your son should be careful to not get overheated or dehydrated when he exercises. Remind him to drink plenty of fluids during his workouts. He should avoid exercising outside on a hot day, and should quickly look for shade or an air-conditioned place if he starts to feel overheated.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I breast-feed while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...