Is it safe for my son to drink beer when taking Zyprexa?

It is not safe for your son to drink beer or other alcoholic beverages while taking Zyprexa. When alcohol is combined with Zyprexa, he could experience low blood pressure when he stands up. This medicine can also cause sleepiness, cloudy thinking and slowed reaction times. Alcohol can make these side effects worse. It is especially unsafe for your son to drive if he has had any alcohol while he is on Zyprexa.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?