Is it safe for my son to drink beer when taking Zyprexa?

It is not safe for your son to drink beer or other alcoholic beverages while taking Zyprexa. When alcohol is combined with Zyprexa, he could experience low blood pressure when he stands up. This medicine can also cause sleepiness, cloudy thinking and slowed reaction times. Alcohol can make these side effects worse. It is especially unsafe for your son to drive if he has had any alcohol while he is on Zyprexa.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What is olanzapine?
Olanzapine, which is sold under the brand name Zyprexa, is used to treat the psychiatric conditi...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?