How does Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) treat schizophrenia?

It is believed that mental illnesses like schizophrenia are caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. While it is not completely clear exactly how Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) works, it is believed that Zyprexa Zydis rebalances brain chemicals, thereby treating symptoms of schizophrenia like extreme emotions, lackluster emotions, disinterest in life, and disturbed thoughts.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?
What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
What is olanzapine?
Olanzapine, which is sold under the brand name Zyprexa, is used to treat the psychiatric conditi...