How does Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) treat schizophrenia?

It is believed that mental illnesses like schizophrenia are caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. While it is not completely clear exactly how Zyprexa Zydis (olanzapine) works, it is believed that Zyprexa Zydis rebalances brain chemicals, thereby treating symptoms of schizophrenia like extreme emotions, lackluster emotions, disinterest in life, and disturbed thoughts.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

Can I give olanzapine to my teenager?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?
What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...