How do I take Zyprexa (olanzapine)?

Zyprexa (olanzapine) comes in the form of a disintegrating tablet. With dry hands, remove the foil from the package without popping the pill through the foil. Once the package is open, immediately put the pill in your mouth and wait for it to quickly dissolve. You do not need to take the tablet with water. Zyprexa is typically taken once a day. Zyprexa can be taken either on an empty stomach or with food. If you are taking Zyprexa, talk to your doctor before drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruit, as Zyprexa may interact negatively with grapefruit and grapefruit juice.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

How should I take olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?
Can my elderly parent take olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis?
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...