How do I take Zyprexa (olanzapine)?

Zyprexa (olanzapine) comes in the form of a disintegrating tablet. With dry hands, remove the foil from the package without popping the pill through the foil. Once the package is open, immediately put the pill in your mouth and wait for it to quickly dissolve. You do not need to take the tablet with water. Zyprexa is typically taken once a day. Zyprexa can be taken either on an empty stomach or with food. If you are taking Zyprexa, talk to your doctor before drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruit, as Zyprexa may interact negatively with grapefruit and grapefruit juice.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What are the side effects of olanzapine extended release?
Side effects of olanzapine extended release injectable suspension include dizziness, drowsiness,...
What should I avoid with olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension may cause changes in your blood sugar levels a...
What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
What should I know about olanzapine before taking it?
Before taking olanzapine, you should know that it might make you dizzy or slow your reaction tim...