How does Zyprexa (olanzapine) treat schizophrenia?

While it is not completely clear exactly how Zyprexa (olanzapine) works, it is believed that Zyprexa rebalances brain chemicals, thereby treating symptoms of schizophrenia like extreme emotions, lackluster emotions, disinterest in life, and disturbed thoughts.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What is olanzapine?
Olanzapine, which is sold under the brand name Zyprexa, is used to treat the psychiatric conditi...
Can I give olanzapine to my teenager?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What should I know about olanzapine extended release injections?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension should not be used by people who have dementia...
Can I smoke while taking olanzapine?