Can I drink alcohol while taking Zyprexa (olanzapine)?

You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking the antipsychotic medication Zyprexa (olanzapine).

Drinking alcohol may increase the feeling of sleepiness and other side effect that Zyprexa can cause.

Also, taking Zyprexa may impair your thinking or slow your reactions, so it may make it difficult for you to perform activities that require alertness or physical coordination, such as driving a car. Alcohol will make these symptoms worse.

Continue Learning about Olanzapine

What is olanzapine extended release injectable suspension?
Olanzapine extended release injectable suspension is a prescription injection used to treat schi...
How should I take olanzapine?
Olanzapine (Zyprexa) is in a class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It is used to ...
What are the side effects of olanzapine?
Olanzapine can cause side effects, some of which may be serious. You also should seek emergency ...
Can I take olanzapine during pregnancy?