Why are eyelid cysts common with ocular rosacea?

Eyelid styes are very common in ocular rosacea. Just as acne-like lesions can develop in rosacea in the skin, oil glands in the eyelid can become plugged in people with ocular rosacea, leading to red, painful lumps called styes. Taking oral antibiotics may help clear up styes and improve other symptoms of ocular rosacea. Keeping eyelids clean by washing with warm water, diluted baby shampoo, or other eye cleansers recommended by your doctor may minimize styes.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

What increases my risk for ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea accompanies skin rosacea in many cases, so if you have skin rosacea, you should monit...
How often should I wash my eyes if I have ocular rosacea?
You need to wash your eyes to relieve them of the dryness and itchiness caused by ocular rosacea. Yo...
What are the treatment options for ocular rosacea?
You will need to talk with your doctor in order to treat ocular rosacea. Your doctor will most likel...
What kind of doctor treats ocular rosacea?
If you have ocular rosacea, you may want to see a specialist. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who spe...