How does ocular rosacea affect the body?

Ocular rosacea affects the body by irritating the eyes. You may feel distracted by dry, itchy eyes. Sometimes, you may also have trouble seeing due to your eye irritation. Other symptoms may include sensitivity to light, redness to the eye, a feeling of a foreign object in the eye, and styes on the eyelid. Because ocular rosacea can accompany skin rosacea, other areas of your face may also be irritated. Your cheeks, forehead, or nose could appear flushed and bumpy.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

Is ocular rosacea serious?
Ocular rosacea may be annoying, but the condition does not cause serious or life-threatening damage....
What antibiotics might my doctor prescribe for ocular rosacea?
Tetracycline is a common antibiotic used to treat ocular rosacea. Antibiotics for ocular rosacea are...
How do I manage my ocular rosacea on a daily basis?
To manage ocular rosacea, be sure to avoid anything that could trigger an outbreak. Pay attention to...
Is ocular rosacea contagious?
Ocular rosacea is not contagious, so you do not need to worry if you have been near someone with the...