How do medications treat ocular rosacea?

You will need to get a prescription for medication from your doctor to treat ocular rosacea. Usually, your doctor will prescribe an oral antibiotic. To treat skin rosacea, your doctor may also prescribe a topical cream. Some over-the-counter medications for dry eyes actually irritate ocular rosacea, so discuss with your doctor which medications are safe.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

What causes ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea often accompanies rosacea in other areas of your face, and the exact cause of rosacea...
What are the symptoms of ocular rosacea?
Symptoms of ocular rosacea often accompany symptoms of skin rosacea. If you have skin rosacea, the s...
Can children develop ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea most commonly occurs in adults between the ages of 30 and 60. However, sometimes peop...
Should I talk to my doctor about my ocular rosacea symptoms?
If you have symptoms of ocular rosacea, you should talk to your doctor. You may need medication pres...