Can children develop ocular rosacea?

Ocular rosacea most commonly occurs in adults between the ages of 30 and 60. However, sometimes people outside of this age group can develop ocular rosacea, including children. If your children develop styes near their eyes, they may be at risk for ocular rosacea. Speak with their pediatrician, and be watchful for other symptoms of ocular rosacea, such as red, dry, and itchy eyes.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

How does ocular rosacea affect the body?
Ocular rosacea affects the body by irritating the eyes. You may feel distracted by dry, itchy eyes. ...
How can ocular rosacea affect vision?
David R. Demartini, MDDavid R. Demartini, MD
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness and sometimes pustules on the skin usually of the face...
What is the best way to protect eyes with ocular rosacea from the sun?
The best sun protection for eyes with ocular rosacea is wearing sunglasses that block both UVA and...
Should I talk to my doctor about my ocular rosacea symptoms?
If you have symptoms of ocular rosacea, you should talk to your doctor. You may need medication pres...