Should I see a doctor about my occipital neuralgia symptoms?

If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of occipital neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your doctor. There are a number of reasons you may be experiencing the pain, and your doctor can help you determine whether occipital neuralgia is to blame. If it is occipital neuralgia, there are treatment options available, and the sooner you try your options, the sooner you may find some relief.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

How do I care for someone with occipital neuralgia?
Often, there is little you can do for someone with occipital neuralgia. One way you can help is to m...
What increases my risk for occipital neuralgia?
Your risk for occipital neuralgia can increase if you have a head or neck injury. Sleeping with your...
What is occipital neuralgia?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
Occipital neuralgia is a headache disorder due to irritation of one of the occipital nerves in the b...
How do medications treat occipital neuralgia?
Medications can treat occipital neuralgia by providing pain relief, helping your muscles relax, and ...