Is occipital neuralgia common?

While headaches and pain are both common, the actual condition of occipital neuralgia is not. People may believe their pain is due to the condition, but there are a number of other conditions that could cause similar symptoms. If you believe you have symptoms of occipital neuralgia, you may want to consult your doctor. They will be able to help determine what is causing your pain.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

What causes occipital neuralgia?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
Occipital neuralgia is believed to be due to irritation of one of the occipital nerves in the upper ...
Should I see a doctor about my occipital neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of occipital neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your d...
How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and e...
Are there any complications of occipital neuralgia?
Occasionally, if you suffer from occipital neuralgia, you may also experience tenderness in your sca...