How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?

Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and episodes generally occur spontaneously. To get relief, you will need to work closely with your doctor to find the right treatment. Medications can help many manage the pain, and in some cases, a procedure may be able to fix your occipital neuralgia all together.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

How do I care for someone with occipital neuralgia?
Often, there is little you can do for someone with occipital neuralgia. One way you can help is to m...
How do medications treat occipital neuralgia?
Medications can treat occipital neuralgia by providing pain relief, helping your muscles relax, and ...
Is occipital neuralgia common?
While headaches and pain are both common, the actual condition of occipital neuralgia is not. People...
What are the symptoms of occipital neuralgia?
The main symptom of occipital neuralgia is severe pain in the back of your head and scalp. It is oft...