How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?

Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and episodes generally occur spontaneously. To get relief, you will need to work closely with your doctor to find the right treatment. Medications can help many manage the pain, and in some cases, a procedure may be able to fix your occipital neuralgia all together.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

What increases my risk for occipital neuralgia?
Your risk for occipital neuralgia can increase if you have a head or neck injury. Sleeping with your...
Can occipital neuralgia be prevented?
Some cases of occipital neuralgia can be prevented while other cannot. Most factors that cause the c...
How do medications treat occipital neuralgia?
Medications can treat occipital neuralgia by providing pain relief, helping your muscles relax, and ...
Should I see a doctor about my occipital neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of occipital neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your d...