How do I care for someone with occipital neuralgia?

Often, there is little you can do for someone with occipital neuralgia. One way you can help is to make sure the person your caring for is sticking to their treatment plan and communicating any changes or complications to their doctor. Keep in mind that the pain caused by occipital neuralgia can be excruciating, and people who suffer from the condition may live in fear of an oncoming attack.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

How does occipital neuralgia affect the body?
Occipital neuralgia is a painful condition that affects the occipital nerves. The condition occurs w...
What are the symptoms of occipital neuralgia?
The main symptom of occipital neuralgia is severe pain in the back of your head and scalp. It is oft...
How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and e...
Are there alternative treatments for occipital neuralgia?
If tight muscles are causing your occipital neuralgia, you may not need any medication or invasive p...