How do I care for someone with occipital neuralgia?

Often, there is little you can do for someone with occipital neuralgia. One way you can help is to make sure the person your caring for is sticking to their treatment plan and communicating any changes or complications to their doctor. Keep in mind that the pain caused by occipital neuralgia can be excruciating, and people who suffer from the condition may live in fear of an oncoming attack.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and e...
How does occipital neuralgia affect the body?
Occipital neuralgia is a painful condition that affects the occipital nerves. The condition occurs w...
What increases my risk for occipital neuralgia?
Your risk for occipital neuralgia can increase if you have a head or neck injury. Sleeping with your...
How is occipital neuralgia diagnosed?
Occipital neuralgia is diagnosed using an occipital nerve block. A doctor will use a needle to injec...