Are there alternative treatments for occipital neuralgia?

If tight muscles are causing your occipital neuralgia, you may not need any medication or invasive procedures to treat the problem. In fact, a good massage or some rest could be all the treatment you need. Application of heat is effective for some people as well.

Continue Learning about Occipital Neuralgia

How do I manage my occipital neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your occipital neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. The pain is often severe, and e...
Is there a cure for occipital neuralgia?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Occipital neuralgia is not a life-threatening condition. Many individuals improve with therapy invol...
What are the symptoms of occipital neuralgia?
The main symptom of occipital neuralgia is severe pain in the back of your head and scalp. It is oft...
How do medications treat occipital neuralgia?
Medications can treat occipital neuralgia by providing pain relief, helping your muscles relax, and ...