Why should I join a support group if I have obstructive sleep apnea?

If a CPAP is part of your sleep apnea plan, and it probably is, group-based cognitive behavioral therapy will more than double your acceptance and chances of actually putting it to good use. What does this mean to you, exactly? If you join a group of people with sleep apnea, learn about the benefits of use (and the consequences of nonuse) of your CPAP, watch videos of people with sleep apnea, and generally have the support system you need, you are more likely to feel good about using this amazing device.

1. Start with the American Sleep Apnea Association for find a support forum.

2. Learn more about living with sleep apnea.

3. Share what you learn with your immediate family so they provide additional moral support.

Whatever you do, support is available for you. Be sure to build a solid base of people and resources to help you be successful. Your health and happiness depends on it.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Sleep Apnea

How common is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
Phil WestbrookPhil Westbrook
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is very common. Research has shown that about one in every 5 adults ha...
Is obstructive sleep apnea a sleep disorder?
Obstructive sleep apnea is a sleep disorder. It happens when the soft tissue in the back of your...
What Are the Health Complications Associated with Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?