Is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) more common in women after menopause?

Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) was once considered a male disease, but it is becoming much more common in women after menopause. This disorder can be severe with added health risks of heart disease and stroke. You should talk to your doctor about any sleep issues, so together you can treat this serious sleep disorder.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Is obstructive sleep apnea a sleep disorder?
Nancy NadolskiNancy Nadolski
Obstructive sleep apnea is one of the sleep disorders that gets a lot of press. There are approximat...
What are the surgical options for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
Dr. Paul T. Hoff, MDDr. Paul T. Hoff, MD
There are many surgical options for people with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), including surgery on ...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
What Are the Health Complications Associated with Obstructive Sleep Apnea?