Can diet and exercise help treat obstructive sleep apnea?

Diet and exercise may be able to help ease symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, especially exercise four to five hours before bed, weight loss, and avoiding caffeine and alcohol, but it's almost impossible to beat sleep apnea with these lifestyle changes alone. Without enough quality sleep, it's hard to even imagine mustering up the energy for either one. What's more, sleep deprivation has been shown to inhibit your ability to lose weight, even if you're eating and exercising right.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment

What drugs can treat obstructive sleep apnea or daytime sleepiness?
Phil WestbrookPhil Westbrook
A long list of drugs has been tried for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Most of thes...
Can obstructive sleep apnea be cured?
Phil WestbrookPhil Westbrook
For the vast majority of people with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) their condition is a chronic dise...
Are there alternative treatments for obstructive sleep apnea?
Depending on the cause of your obstructive sleep apnea, you may seek to treat it with lifestyle chan...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?