Can diet and exercise help treat obstructive sleep apnea?

Diet and exercise may be able to help ease symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, especially exercise four to five hours before bed, weight loss, and avoiding caffeine and alcohol, but it's almost impossible to beat sleep apnea with these lifestyle changes alone. Without enough quality sleep, it's hard to even imagine mustering up the energy for either one. What's more, sleep deprivation has been shown to inhibit your ability to lose weight, even if you're eating and exercising right.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment

What is the best therapy for someone with obstructive sleep apnea?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
The best type of therapy to treat obstructive sleep apnea will depend upon many factors including th...
What is oral appliance therapy for obstructive sleep apnea?
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Worn only during...
What drugs can treat obstructive sleep apnea or daytime sleepiness?
Phil WestbrookPhil Westbrook
A long list of drugs has been tried for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Most of thes...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?