What is obstructive lung disease?

Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empty air from the lungs and take fresh air in. This leads to trouble with breathing and to tiredness. Obstructive lung diseases include asthma, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD usually occurs with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
Is obstructive lung disease serious?
Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and perma...
Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...