What are the treatment options for obstructive lung disease?

The first step in the treatment process is to stop smoking cigarettes. There are several medications that doctors prescribe to treat obstructive lung disease, such as steroids and antibiotics. If medication is not enough, doctors may also perform surgery to remove some of the damaged lung tissue. Oxygen therapy can also be used to increase the level of oxygen in the blood and help transport oxygen to the lungs.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?
Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild...
Is obstructive lung disease serious?
Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and perma...