When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?

Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild coughing, followed by the onset of shortness of breath. The person with this disease has usually been a long-term smoker for quite some time before symptoms started to show.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

Is obstructive lung disease serious?
Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and perma...
What is the rate of incidence for obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a very common illness. Approximately 12 million Americans have the disea...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...