Do I plan for my meeting to diagnose obstructive lung disease?

Prepare for your appointment by making a note of all your symptoms and any medications that you are taking. Inform your doctor if you have any other illnesses that may affect your breathing, such as asthma, and if you have a history of smoking. Make a list of any questions that you might want to ask your doctor. Take a family member with you to the appointment for support.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...
Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...