What lifestyle changes should I make if I have obstructive lung disease?

Lifestyle changes may need to be made if you are suffering from obstructive lung disease. If you are a smoker, it is recommended that you give up smoking. You will probably want to avoid secondhand smoke or other irritants. At certain stages of the disease, you may have difficulty with your normal routines. You may need to avoid stairs, and live in a single-story or first-floor dwelling. You may also need to change your eating habits. Instead of three large meals, you may need to eat a lot of small meals throughout the day. Eating right and exercising regularly are beneficial and may help improve your breathing.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...
What is the rate of incidence for obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a very common illness. Approximately 12 million Americans have the disea...