What lifestyle changes should I make if I have obstructive lung disease?

Lifestyle changes may need to be made if you are suffering from obstructive lung disease. If you are a smoker, it is recommended that you give up smoking. You will probably want to avoid secondhand smoke or other irritants. At certain stages of the disease, you may have difficulty with your normal routines. You may need to avoid stairs, and live in a single-story or first-floor dwelling. You may also need to change your eating habits. Instead of three large meals, you may need to eat a lot of small meals throughout the day. Eating right and exercising regularly are beneficial and may help improve your breathing.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?
Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...